6/29/12

Day 22: Genderbent? (Crisis, Part 1)


You all know what genderbending is, right?


Do I really need to explain it?


The technical definition is when 'gender norms are twisted to become the opposite'. But in this case, it's where male characters become females, and vice versa.

It's really popular in fanart and fanfiction. Don't ask how I know that.


Anyway, earlier today I was printing out a thousand pages of something irrelevant, and was doodling to waste my time. Without even thinking about it, I drew a female version of one of the lead characters in my story.

....And it was amazing.

Now I'm having an identity crisis.

Was this meant to be? Should some of my lead characters be the opposite gender?

How do I even know their true names?

Am I dreaming?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me...


Don't hurt me....




I need to take a very long, soul-searching nap. 



"Every obstacle yields to stern resolve."

                                                                                            - Leonardo da Vinci


Book Working Title: Knights of Kethyria

Day in Progress: 22

Words Achieved: 2,400

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/90DayAvocado

--

No comments:

Post a Comment