6/8/12

Day 1: The 25 Secrets



Greetings, Friends!


Today is a BIG day. Today is day 1 of my 90-day writing challenge. What's the best thing about day 1? It's the hardest of them all. -_-'

Are you constantly stuck with stories because you don't know how to begin them? Welcome to my life. I always struggle with beginnings, and if I ever do finally etch out a two or three page intro, I end up re-writing it a thousand times. Unfortunately, that just flies further away from the end goal. So, what to do?

I recently discovered an awesome tip that helps get the juices flowing. I call it Avocado's 25 Secrets (although it isn't a secret because I didn't make it up. shhh).

They're called secrets because you're the only one who knows about them right now. It's that simple. Make a list of 25 things you already know about your story. Twenty-five. It was actually a little difficult for me, but the more I progressed down my list, the more I could already feel my mind wrapping itself around the world I am about to create.

Here's my list:


(The image is small because what's written is irrelevant to mortal eyes!!)


This list is far from perfect. There may be some things that may change or disappear completely, but at least it's written out. In permanent ink. These 25 elements will provide the framework of my story, and it can't be more exciting! Obviously not all 25 things are coherent, plot or character-based sentences. Some of them are just a few random words, but they represent ideas in my brain for me to embellish on at a later point. Here it is, a completed list. These are the 25 points from which I begin my journey.

So travel along with me.


Now, where's your list? Want to share, or have any questions? Post text/images in a comment below!


"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

                                                                                            - Leonardo da Vinci


Book Working Title: Azhar, Prince of Red Fire

Day in Progress: 1

Words Achieved: 0


Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/90DayAvocado


-----

No comments:

Post a Comment