6/27/12

Day 20: Life happens


Today wasn't the best of days.


My car started steaming again - that's right, again. It likes to do this thing where it starts steaming and all the coolant spills out the bottom. Looks like I'm on foot from now on.

But that's alright, I like walking anyway. I hate being bound by cars - public transportation is so much better.

Or I can find another means of transportation...



I'm still grateful that nothing worse happened; there was a three-car accident near me when my car was being towed, and I was glad that I wasn't a part of that mess. I guess there's a good side to everything.

Let's talk about milestones. Today is one. Day 20. Only 70 days left to complete my goal. Now, will I actually have a complete first draft in 70 days? Time can only tell. But I'm going to try as hard as I can to get as far as I can.

Progress report:



  • I am still in the first chapter phase. I've written a couple of possible beginnings, so I'm just trying to be content with the ideas I currently have.
  • Every day I get a new idea, and I am inspired to do research to motivate my ideas further. Remember, there's nothing wrong with being influenced by an existing thing.
  • I have over 2000 words written. Now, there's something!

Here's to hoping I can progress a little faster. But at least I'm enjoying my time working on this. Which is all that matters, really.

And now for my Random Fact of the Day:

Not only is Loki the father of a wolf, he is also a mother. 

Hooray for challenging society's pre-conceived notions of family! Mother-dads rock!

See you tomorrow!

"The body that is nearest to the light casts the largest shadow."

                                                                                            - Leonardo da Vinci


Book Working Title: Azhar, Prince of Red Fire

Day in Progress: 19

Words Achieved: 2,150

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/90DayAvocado

 




No comments:

Post a Comment