7/19/12

Day 42: Spread the word!



Talking about your story with others is a great way to get the creative juices flowing!


Today I was talking to some friends, and they asked me about my story. At first I was a little shy about it, just saying a couple words and not really giving much detail. But when they kept encouraging more answers, eventually it all just spilled out! I ended up speaking details that I didn't previously know existed in my story - which gave me even more great ideas! Eventually, it was hard to shut my mouth before revealing spoilers.

I hope I didn't bore them too much like some old professor...


Anyway, I encourage everyone to not be shy and talk about your story when you get the chance! Don't brag about it - too many aspiring authors end up looking cocky or self-absorbed. Here's a tip: Don't start talking about it right off the bat. For example: "Hi! I'm Jon. Thanks for being my friend. Please buy a copy of my awesome, poetically crafted fiction/fantasy/thriller/horror manga novel!"

...I seriously know people who do that. Especially online. The plague of anonymity... 

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement.


That's it for now!


"Though I may not, like them, be able to quote other authors, I shall rely on that which is much greater and more worthy - experience."

                                                                                            - Leonardo da Vinci



Book Working Title: Knights of Kethyria

Day in Progress: 42

Words Achieved: 5,887

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvocadoPolymath
--




No comments:

Post a Comment