7/2/12

Day 25: Hook


Ok, go ahead, make fun of me for still having trouble starting my story.


The plotlines and characters are falling into place, but it's just hard to start, you know? I'm so paranoid of that first sentence. It really means a lot. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

I found this awesome article from Writer's Digest, called "10 ways to start your story", by Jacob M. Appel: http://www.writersdigest.com/writing-articles/by-writing-goal/write-first-chapter-get-started/10-ways-to-start-your-story-better

It's a great guide that gives great varied tips on how to start your story strongly. After reading it, I experimented by writing different "beginnings" to my story. At least a few sentences, to see if I liked the way things were starting off. Hopefully it'll hit me soon. It hits everyone eventually, right?

In Soviet Russia, book writes me!!




And also in Soviet Russia cats are superior reading creatures!




Must...stay...motivated...

Constancy does not begin, but it is that which preserves."

                                                                                            - Leonardo da Vinci



Book Working Title: Knights of Kethyria

Day in Progress: 25

Words Achieved: 2,400

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/90DayAvocado


No comments:

Post a Comment