7/12/12

Day 35: Comic Con!


I went to comic con today!


Although I live only 40 minutes away from the convention's location, that didn't stop me from getting hopelessly lost. We were so late that we missed the Psych panel :( (That was the one thing we wanted to do today!)



With all that said, I still had an awesome day. It's so great to see the busy hustle and bustle of the booths, the game demos, the swag, and the awesome panels. I watched a Science Channel panel about time travel. Who knew there were so many ways to do it! I was also introduced to an awesome podcast. And I learned the truth about Batman's creator - something that surprisingly, and sadly, is not very well known. Oh and I learned about translating manga. The fellow linguist in me thought it was really fascinating. :)

And of course, the cosplay. My favorite part. This right here is the best cosplay ever attempted:
(This pic belongs to Apertureashely on Deviantart)


If you don't know who this character is, you're no longer allowed to read this blog.  :) 

Okay fine, I'll tell you his name. It's الطائر.   :)




Seeing people getting excited over comics, books, movies, games, etc. just motivates me further to make my story successful. That one day, people at a convention will be talking about it.

...That's a little far reaching. But I know I can do it! It also got me wondering, are some of my story ideas better represented in comic form, or should I just write them as novels? I'm not a great artist, but I could find an illustrator or just work my butt off practicing. I'm a comic and manga nerd, so the thought of that has definitely crossed my mind once or twice. But right now, I just need to focus on getting the actual story structured. -_-

See ya later!



"A picture or representation of human figures, ought to be done in such a way as that the spectator may easily recognise, by means of their attitudes, the purpose in their minds."

                                                                                            - Leonardo da Vinci



Book Working Title: Knights of Kethyria

Day in Progress: 35

Words Achieved: 3,411

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvocadoPolymath
--

No comments:

Post a Comment